Skip to main content

Sunday the 29th and Monday the 30th of January

I am very proud of myself. I went to the pool today and swam for about 45 minutes at like 11! It was a very spontaneous thing - I literally woke up 30 minutes before the bus left and got dressed 5 minutes before it left, because I wasn't sure if I even wanted to go. I am extremely glad that I went - it felt so good! Granted, I have never felt so weak in my life, but I also forgot how much I actually like swimming when there is no one screaming at me. There were quite a lot of people at the pool, so I didn't have my own lane or anything, but when you are swimming, you don't have to talk to anyone and I got some real time to myself - with no phone, which was really great and which hasn't happened in a while.

The pool closed at 12:15, so I got out earlier to take a nice shower (not a huge fan of the shower at my host families house...). The next bus left like an hour later and even though my host dad offered to pick me up - I decided to grab a bite in Vienne and wait for the bus. Since it was Sunday, the only place that was opened was Subway, which wasn't what I had been hoping for, but it was a nice treat. Not much happened the rest of the day, although I did watch "The Other Woman" with my host parents in French, which was pretty hard... they speak to fast!

I really didn't want to wake up today. But I guess thats how I feel every week day. I had school until 5:30 which was pretty uneventful, academically and socially. Not really feeling that connected to this school. We did have a Physics-Chemistry test from 4-5 that no one told me about - fun. I did bring my swim stuff to school, because the pool is like a 3 minute walk from the school. So I walked over there after the test and got there right when it opened.

I only swam for like 30 minutes, because I needed to get some things in Vienne and the city center is a good 20 minute walk from the pool. I had quite the dilemma after I had showered, because I only brought a small plastic bag for my soap and shampoo, but I didn't want my backpack to get wet, so I shoved my goggles and cap into the small bag as well and wrapped my suit in the towel and hoped that it wouldn't completely soak my backpack. Oh, and it was also drizzling outside, but I couldn't use my umbrella, because it was so windy.

Anyways, got home fine and am now in bed with Vermicelle :)

instagram: @amelia_navarre

facebook: Navarream


  1. Great to hear that you are swimming. Keep up the effort with making friends - that's really important as you know.


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog


I am leaving France tomorrow. I don't know exactly how I feel about this fact. So much about me has changed here and I feel like I will be leaving an important part of myself behind when I return home. It feels kind of weird to say "return home", because Vienne has become my home. Not just as in the place that I reside, but where I feel comfortable and among family. I have so many memories in this house, positive and negative, that leaving it is heart-breaking. It's not the same feeling as when I left Austria, because I knew that I would have something to return to and that I would be leaving for only 5 months, and now I know that I will never return to this house or go to the same lycée with the same people which is really sad right now.

- The next day -

I'm on the plane right now, almost about to take off, and so many things are going through my head right now. How has this flown by so quick? I remember saying goodbye to Pops and arriving in Lyon with Norah and…

Goats, crêpes and good-byes

Tuesday the 13th of June
Since the beginning of my semester here, it was planned that I would leave on the 13th of June - today. I had asked my organisation to allow me to leave later, because Norah had a theater performance on the 15th of June that she had been rehearsing the entire year for and I thought that it would be a shame if I were to miss it. The organisation, unfortunately, said no. Dead end. Turns out that no one would be here on Tuesday morning to take me to the airport, which sounds pretty bad, but allowed me to stay until next Monday - which means that I got to see Norah's performance! (It was amazing, but that's not what this is about).

I had an extremely busy day today. Asuka, Paul and I went to Asuka's house one last time before we left, and boy did we go out with a bang! I love where she lives - on a organic farm in basically the middle of nowhere. It's so surreal to be sitting in a field in France, surrounded by goats, an adorable sheep, chickens an…

Last day of school

Thursday the 8th of June
*sigh* Today was a sad day. It was the last time that I would see most of my classmates which is unfortunate, as I was growing to like more and more of them. We had 2 hours of school this morning which I found to be utterly unnecessary and in my mind was not a sufficient reason to get out of bed, but I somehow found myself watching a movie at 8 in French class. Not that the movie was bad or anything, on the contrary actually, but I would have much rather been sleeping. I know, I know... #relatableteen

Anyway, since we got out at 10 and had a little good-bye party with the class at 1:45, Paul, Asuka and I went back to my house for 3 hours. I didn't really have anything planned, and no one was home, so we just ate ice cream, gave each other back rubs, and listened to music, which sounds really weird, but Paul and I both have back problems and boy did he know how to give a mean massage. He knew like where all the trigger points were and it was extremely relax…