Skip to main content

Tuesday the 31st of January

I started school at 9 today, which doesn't really mean much sleep-wise, because there are no busses that leave later than 8 that would drop me off even remotely near school, so I only slept for like 20 minutes more than usual. But since my host mom was going into Vienne to get Loupy neutered, she offered to take me with her - I still got to school 30 minutes too early, so I went to the library and translated some words that I had written down the day before.

First periods was Latin which wasn't the best. We had a test and we had to analyse a text and write a few paragraphs about it, but I didn't understand most of the words, because the text had been written a long time ago, so old words were used. I went straight to my next class (English) after that, even though there was a 15 minute break. Didn't have a great time in English either - sat next to a very talkative girl who kept getting yelled at by the teacher, it have been becoming very angry at how little respect the students have for the teachers here! Not just a few students, all of them just talk when they should be listening and behave like 5 year olds when teachers get angry at them! "I wasn't even talking!" "She started it!" It is extremely infuriating.

Then we had History and the same thing happened - the teacher has a little more control over the students though, so it wasn't as bad.

I wasn't hungry at all for lunch, so I decided to go to the self with everyone else and just not get anything - like I had done before a few times. But this time the lunch lady was in a bad mood and would not let me sit with everyone else, because I had not bought any food, so she made me leave after a few minutes of discussing. AND she wouldn't let me leave the way you leave after you have finished eating, no, she made me go BACK DOWN THE STAIRS where literally hundreds of students were squished, trying to get UP the stairs. I was not in the mood at all to squeeze my way through there, so I waited by the side for a good 15 minutes for there to be enough room to go back down.

I had no idea where anyone else from my class was, so went to the building where we usually wait before French class, but after 5 minutes there "security" came and told me that I could not "loiter" in the hallways. I was extremely fed up with the whole day, but I followed their instructions and left the building, planning to go the library. Halfway to the library, I ran into some girls in my class and we went back to where I had come from, but "security" never came to kick us out.

French was boring, even though it was entertaining to watch the teacher. After French, I had a 1 hour break before German and was planning on going to the library, because everyone else had English (different group). On my way out of the building I ran into the girl I befriended, who had the hour break as well - she needed to talk to the French teacher though, so we went back to the third floor. She talked to the teacher for 30 minutes and then we went to the other building where we had German together. We talked for a bit, but then the bell rang.

German was fine, although everyone was talking which was making me furious again. They seriously act like 5 year olds, and I would know, because the 5 year olds in my orchestra act the same way. Speaking of orchestra, I had orchestra today! (I am applauding myself for that transition.) I love orchestra! The stuff we are playing isn't hard and I play accompaniment which is even easier, but it is super fun - a little hard on my ears sometimes. My private lesson also went well - I really need to practice more at home, but I don't want to disturb my host family!

instagram: @amelia_navarre

facebook: Navarream


  1. Sounds like a tough day. Glad you have Bassoon, swim and Vermicelle to get you through. Sending you a virtual hug.


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog


I am leaving France tomorrow. I don't know exactly how I feel about this fact. So much about me has changed here and I feel like I will be leaving an important part of myself behind when I return home. It feels kind of weird to say "return home", because Vienne has become my home. Not just as in the place that I reside, but where I feel comfortable and among family. I have so many memories in this house, positive and negative, that leaving it is heart-breaking. It's not the same feeling as when I left Austria, because I knew that I would have something to return to and that I would be leaving for only 5 months, and now I know that I will never return to this house or go to the same lycée with the same people which is really sad right now.

- The next day -

I'm on the plane right now, almost about to take off, and so many things are going through my head right now. How has this flown by so quick? I remember saying goodbye to Pops and arriving in Lyon with Norah and…

Goats, crêpes and good-byes

Tuesday the 13th of June
Since the beginning of my semester here, it was planned that I would leave on the 13th of June - today. I had asked my organisation to allow me to leave later, because Norah had a theater performance on the 15th of June that she had been rehearsing the entire year for and I thought that it would be a shame if I were to miss it. The organisation, unfortunately, said no. Dead end. Turns out that no one would be here on Tuesday morning to take me to the airport, which sounds pretty bad, but allowed me to stay until next Monday - which means that I got to see Norah's performance! (It was amazing, but that's not what this is about).

I had an extremely busy day today. Asuka, Paul and I went to Asuka's house one last time before we left, and boy did we go out with a bang! I love where she lives - on a organic farm in basically the middle of nowhere. It's so surreal to be sitting in a field in France, surrounded by goats, an adorable sheep, chickens an…

Last day of school

Thursday the 8th of June
*sigh* Today was a sad day. It was the last time that I would see most of my classmates which is unfortunate, as I was growing to like more and more of them. We had 2 hours of school this morning which I found to be utterly unnecessary and in my mind was not a sufficient reason to get out of bed, but I somehow found myself watching a movie at 8 in French class. Not that the movie was bad or anything, on the contrary actually, but I would have much rather been sleeping. I know, I know... #relatableteen

Anyway, since we got out at 10 and had a little good-bye party with the class at 1:45, Paul, Asuka and I went back to my house for 3 hours. I didn't really have anything planned, and no one was home, so we just ate ice cream, gave each other back rubs, and listened to music, which sounds really weird, but Paul and I both have back problems and boy did he know how to give a mean massage. He knew like where all the trigger points were and it was extremely relax…