Skip to main content

Wednesday the 1st of February

Happy February! I had en exciting start to the day today - I woke up 10 minutes before the bus left! I still managed to leave the house at the right time, and I caught the bus and the only thing that I had to sacrifice was a thorough face wash, substituted by a slash of water. What happened is, that I had set an alarm for 6:45, which is probably way to early considering it takes me 1 min to get dressed and maybe 5-7 minutes for my bathroom routine. I don't eat breakfast, so that takes away a good 10 minutes from my routine. Usually, I turn off the first alarm and set a timer for 10 minutes and wake up again after that. This time, I forgot to set a timer. But everything turned out fine, so I think I'll wake up 15 minutes before my bus leaves now - I know that I can catch it anyways.

1:45 PM
OH MY GOD THE PRIVATE SCHOOL JUST CALLED AND ACCEPTED ME!!!!!!! I am extremely excited! My host mom called in the morning and they said that they would call us tomorrow to tell us, but then they called after lunch and I start on Friday!

4:13 PM
We had to go to the school to fill out the paperwork, which went smoothly and we got me enrolled!! I will be in the 11th grade literature branch! This makes more sense than being in 10th grade where everything is general and I have the same amount of math as French - literature is focused on French, which is obviously what I want.
Then I met up with my supervisor and we talked about how everything has been going and if there were any problems regarding my host family or school. We had a nice conversation and then she drove me home.

9:03 PM
For some reason I was extremely tired, which definitely had nothing to do with me staying up way too late last night, so I took a quick nap and then dinner was ready. Dinner was great tonight! We had pumpkin soup, a little thinner than Pop's soup, couscous and vegetables - it was delish. But dinner doesn't just mean eating, it means talking with everyone, which I love - a successful dinner!

I mentioned this in yesterday's post, but Loupy got neutered and now has to wear a cone for 10 days. She has been very depressed and doesn't move with it on, my host parents placed her in front of the heater and she just stayed there the whole day, apart from a quick trip outside. There are 2 huge scars on each side of her flank and a lot of her fur was shaved away - it looks very strange, especially because she is so tiny. I sat with her for a long time and was petting her, and it seemed to cheer her up a little, but I just feel so bad for her - she literally won't move unless someone picks her up.

instagram: @amelia_navarre

facebook: Navarream


  1. Sorry to hear about Loupy - she will recover. And I love your empathy to sit and console her. Great to hear about school - very interested to hear about the first day. I know this is a blog, and your writing is very engaging, but strive to use higher-level English. I suppose you could write some things in French too ...

    1. Hi Amelia... I have been meaning to write to you . It seems I am always interrupted. Grandpa and I are very proud of you. Really glad to hear that you have been accepted in the " other " school!! You are courageous and determined in your thinking and actions. Is there anything you would like from Seattle? I would like to send you a box of goodies❣We are thinking about you and love you 😘


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog


I am leaving France tomorrow. I don't know exactly how I feel about this fact. So much about me has changed here and I feel like I will be leaving an important part of myself behind when I return home. It feels kind of weird to say "return home", because Vienne has become my home. Not just as in the place that I reside, but where I feel comfortable and among family. I have so many memories in this house, positive and negative, that leaving it is heart-breaking. It's not the same feeling as when I left Austria, because I knew that I would have something to return to and that I would be leaving for only 5 months, and now I know that I will never return to this house or go to the same lycée with the same people which is really sad right now.

- The next day -

I'm on the plane right now, almost about to take off, and so many things are going through my head right now. How has this flown by so quick? I remember saying goodbye to Pops and arriving in Lyon with Norah and…

Goats, crêpes and good-byes

Tuesday the 13th of June
Since the beginning of my semester here, it was planned that I would leave on the 13th of June - today. I had asked my organisation to allow me to leave later, because Norah had a theater performance on the 15th of June that she had been rehearsing the entire year for and I thought that it would be a shame if I were to miss it. The organisation, unfortunately, said no. Dead end. Turns out that no one would be here on Tuesday morning to take me to the airport, which sounds pretty bad, but allowed me to stay until next Monday - which means that I got to see Norah's performance! (It was amazing, but that's not what this is about).

I had an extremely busy day today. Asuka, Paul and I went to Asuka's house one last time before we left, and boy did we go out with a bang! I love where she lives - on a organic farm in basically the middle of nowhere. It's so surreal to be sitting in a field in France, surrounded by goats, an adorable sheep, chickens an…

Last day of school

Thursday the 8th of June
*sigh* Today was a sad day. It was the last time that I would see most of my classmates which is unfortunate, as I was growing to like more and more of them. We had 2 hours of school this morning which I found to be utterly unnecessary and in my mind was not a sufficient reason to get out of bed, but I somehow found myself watching a movie at 8 in French class. Not that the movie was bad or anything, on the contrary actually, but I would have much rather been sleeping. I know, I know... #relatableteen

Anyway, since we got out at 10 and had a little good-bye party with the class at 1:45, Paul, Asuka and I went back to my house for 3 hours. I didn't really have anything planned, and no one was home, so we just ate ice cream, gave each other back rubs, and listened to music, which sounds really weird, but Paul and I both have back problems and boy did he know how to give a mean massage. He knew like where all the trigger points were and it was extremely relax…